AFL Schools are excited to launch a National Schools Grants Program for the first time in 2023!
The Program has been established to:
- Empower and equip schools to run quality AFL programs
- Help provide a fair and equitable opportunity for all schools in Australia to participate in AFL schools programs and /or competitions
- Remove barriers that may prevent schools from being involved in AFL Schools programs and/or competitions
KEY DATES AND LINKS
Please see table below for key dates and links to further information and application forms.
*Please note that grant opportunities are only open to registered AFL Schools members - head to our Membership page to sign up now!
|Term||Applications open||Applications close||Links to apply|
|1||Monday 27th February||Friday 10th March||Closed|
|2||Monday 22nd May||Friday 2nd June||Closed|
|3||Monday 14th August||Friday 25th August||Closed|
|4||Monday 6th November||Friday 17th November||See below|
NSW Government Schools only: When prompted for Bank Account details during the application process, please input the following mock bank account details – Account Name ‘School name’, BSB ‘082 100’ & Account Number ‘12345678’. If successful, grant funds will be distributed by the NSW Dept of Education on behalf of the AFL.
Tasmanian Government Schools only: When prompted for Bank Account details during the application process, please input the following mock bank account details – Account Name ‘School name’, BSB ‘082 100’ & Account Number ‘12345678’. If successful, we will be in touch to facilitate payment via invoice.
GST/Remittance: Please note that these grants are classed as a gift and as such there no GST implications. If your school requires a remittance for payment, please reach out to our Customer Service team via email@example.com and our finance team can provide a screenshot of the transaction.
WHAT'S AVAILABLE FOR SCHOOLS?
Schools can apply* for grants within the following five streams:
1) CRT Cover: Full day ($450) and half day ($250) CRT relief grants available to allow teachers to either attend an an AFL Professional Learning session, or attend an AFL School Compeition day
2) Guernseys: Subsidy of $500 available to help cover the cost of a new set of guernseys / jumpers for school teams
3) Event attendance support: $300 per team, per compeition, to support teams participating in competition or event days
4) Goal post padding: Subsidy of $500 available to help cover the cost of goal post padding for school oval goal posts
5) 'AFL Starter' Equipment pack: Base level AFL equipment pack available for both Primary & Secondary schools