WOMEN AND GIRLS
Being more pro-active to ensure that women & girls feel genuinely included (not just welcomed) is vital to help the club build a more sustainable future. The benefits include:
- Ability to attract more members, supporters and volunteers
- Diversification, leading to better decision-making
- Ability to attract more players
- Wider sponsorship & fundraising appeal
- Representative of and meeting the needs of your community
These messages/principles could help clubs focus on being more inclusive in general (culture, age, sexual orientation, race, religion, ability etc.) not just in respect to recruiting and retaining more women & girls.
Check out the AFL: Women’s Football Vision for 2021-2030 to see the announcement about this important vision (including a link to a pdf version). This will guide the strategic plans over coming years.
Check out the Women and Girls Game Development Action Plan (Phase 1 summary) 2022-2025 that showcases the 9 priority goals to be achieved before 2030.
Find out what girls say about barriers to retention in Australian Football. 2022 research
- Research conducted in 2022 by pasiglobal.com, Victoria University & Federation University (via funding from the Victorian State Government
- Resource that covers a range of topics – including age groups, rules, coaches / umpires, facilities, pregnancy & more
AUSKICK, COACHING, FACILITIES, UMPIRING
Need help with any of the following? – Click the relevant link for general guidance and/or guidance specific for Women and Girls.