The AFL Community Ambassador program was established in 2013, with the aim to engage communities through a network of dedicated volunteers while using Australian Rules Football as a vehicle for connection and inclusion.
THE ROLE OF AN AFL COMMUNITY AMBASSADOR
Through strong partnerships with the AFL, Community Ambassadors have supported initiatives that have seen our game become more welcoming, accessible and inclusive for all Australians.
Through the AFL Community Ambassador program, Community Ambassadors undertake the following roles and responsibilities:
- Promotions of football in culturally diverse communities
- Provision of cultural awareness and education
- Supporting local community football clubs and Auskick clinics
- Development of activation plans for key multicultural festivals and AFL match day experiences
- Coaching, umpiring and administration support.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A COMMUNITY AMBASSADOR
- Opportunity to be a part of AFL and contribute to our multicultural / Indigenous programs in an official capacity
- Access to a community ambassador polo shirt and other incentives
- Acknowledgement of involvement via State / Territory recognition events and Ambassador of the Year awards
- Opportunity to assist communities engage in community sport
- Opportunity to provide direction and ideas for the ongoing development of AFL multicultural / Indigenous programs
- Opportunity to act as a role model to promote the game within communities.