HOW TO SET UP
Add the cones to extend the length of the Activity Squares by 10 metres to make them rectangular.
Place two goalposts at either end of each Activity Square.
The goals in the middle of the grid are shared by two Activity Square.
Divide the players in each of the Activity Square into two teams and give one team bibs. This will create games which are roughly 5 vs 5.
There are no zones and positions.
Watch the video called "How to Run a Session", which explains Mini Matches further.
Pick a player from each team to be the 'rucks' for the ' ball-up'. Throw the ball in the air and the rucks will try to tap it to their team. They away you go with your game.
- No dividing on the ball, bumping, tackling or smothering kicks.
- Award a mark irrespective of kick distance, even if the ball is not marked properly.
- Encourage players to spread out but also to be actively involved.
- Be vocal and advise players on what to do.
- After every goal, restart with a ball-up, with a different pair of Auskickers in the ruck.
- Encourage players to pass or bounce the ball every five steps(or every five seconds).
Try using a round ball.
Use different methods of passing such as handballing only.
Play with uneven numbers such as 6 vs 4 to assist with ball movement.
Make sure evey kid gets plenty of touches.
Encourage sharing the ball, passing to team mates and team play.
Have some parents act as goal umpires to retrieve the ball.
Top Rated Activities
Time to master ball drops and kicking to a target.2 3
Who can collect all the coins first?2
NAB AFL Auskickers will learn passing, marking and the importance of teamwork!2 3
Time to develop NAB AFL Auskickers' evasion skills by chasing and tagging one another.2
This activity will have NAB AFL Auskickers practising goal kicking on-the-run!2
Goal kicking, goal kicking and more goal kicking!2 3
A great activity to improve spatial awareness!2
A footy-take on the classic game "keepings off"!2 3
Master the skill for bouncing the ball while running.2 3
This activity is seriously fun; it's all about teamwork and scoring goals!2 3