Each activity will outline the equipment you'll need. This could be anything from balls, cones,etc. Be sure to read which activites you're required to host prior to each session so you can prepare your equipment.
TIP: Level 2 and 3 Auskickers begin with a mini, non-contact game of footy( a "Grid Game") so you'll need two goal posts at each end of their Activity Squares.
Every NAB AFL Auskick activity is played within "activity squares" marked out by coloured cones. Four of these square create a grid. The approximate size of the activity square inside the grid depends on the Auskickers' group level:
- Level 1 Activity Squares:10m x 10m (the smallest grid)
- Level 2 Activity Squares:15m x 15m (larger grid)
- Level 3 Activity Squares:20m x 20m (the largest grid)
TIP: If you don't have a measuring tape, a rough guide is one metre = one large leg stride.
AUSKICKERS PER GRID
Auskickers are divided into four equal groups across four squares.
- Level 1 Grid: Four group of up to 8 players.
- Level 2 Grid: Four group of up to 10 players.
- Level 3 Grid: Four group of up to 12 players.
TIP:Change the numbers to what works best for you! When groups are small,Auskickers keep in the action.
Create as many grids as you need.Also it's ok if you need to run two or three small groups and leave one activity square in the grid empty.
HOW TO PLAY
Each actvity runs in approximately 10 minute blocks, for example:
- Level 1 Auskickers: Rotate through four activities (10 mins each) and finish with a 10min Grid Game.
- Level 2 and 3 Auskickers: Begin with a Grid Game (10 mins);rotate through four activities (10 mins each); finish with a second Grid Game.
For Level 3 Auskickers: Same as above but extend the second Grid Game to 20 minutes.
Auskick relies on the amazing help of "Support Crew" (parents and volunteers) to supervise activities alongside you.
- They only need to help run one activity per session, plus the grid game.
- Let them know before the weekly session which activity they'll be running with a link to the video or download to help explain.
- It's great to also encourage lots of other Support Crew adults to get in on the day to help during the activities. This frees you up to move throughout the grid to watch Auskickers, keep track of time and to give Auskickers your friendly instruction and tecnique tips.
We encourage you to keep revisiting the 'How to Run an Auskick Session' page and watching the above video to see how to run a session. This will help you feel more comfortable ahead of each session. Don't worry if it takes a few weeks for everything to go smoothly,it's super easy once it all clicks.
Top Rated Activities
Give and Go has NAB AFL Auskickers picking up the ball and quickly handballing to teammates.3
It's all about handballing!3
Master the art of handballing, movement and evasion skills!3
Pick up the ball... now run!3
The name says it all; perfect kicking on the run and kicking accuracy!3
Time to practise bouncing the football!3
Practise kicking and marking skills in small groups!3
It's all about handballing and spatial awareness with Gates!3
Intercept the ball; move it as a team!3
Teach NAB AFL Auskickers to track and gather a moving ball!3